Leading Dispute Resolution in Alberta
To provide leadership and services in Appropriate Dispute Resolution (ADR) to our members and to the public by:
- Fostering understanding of, and excellence in, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and restorative practices
- Supporting the viable practice of ADR in Alberta
- Providing excellence in ADR professional development
- Promoting the ethical use of ADR processes
- Maintaining accreditation standards, accountability, and designations for the ADR profession
- Encouraging those practicing ADR to join our organization
- Connecting Albertans with ADR resources and expertise
We challenge ourselves to deliver the highest quality programs and services. We stay abreast of new ideas and developments and seek out changes and innovations that help us continuously raise the bar in everything we do.
We value different views and ideas and believe that by working effectively together and with others we can reach our goals. We embrace the opportunity to explore mutual interests and new relationships. We welcome opportunities to leverage out resources through partnering.
We will promote new and important directions and opportunities for our profession and our organization, even though the path may be difficult. We recognize that it is only through trying new ideas and learning from our failures that we can grow and move forward.
We treat others with honesty, openness, fairness, and respect in every situation.
We steward our resources with diligence and care. We honour the commitments we make to others.