An ADRIA Public Offering
This course is designed to build an understanding of bullying (relational aggression) from macro, meso, and micro levels so managers, supervisors, HR, and employees have a better understanding of bullying, and what to do about it in the moment and after the fact.
Students will learn about current legislation, about workplace processes and responsibilities, what bullying behaviors look like, and how these behaviours affect the workplace at the organizational and individual levels. Students will also learn practical skills for addressing bullying behaviours in the moment as targets and as bystanders, as well as what can happen after the dust settles and everyone is returning to work.
Students will be introduced to bullying, concepts, legislation, and processes available, as well as skills to manage and halt bullying and restore relationships after the fact.
- Learn about the policy environment in Alberta and the processes that are available
- Understand why people bully and how people are affected by bullying
- Recognize that in instances of bullying perception and reality are often one in the same
- Learn how to uncover bullying and bullying behaviours
- Learn key skills associated with witnessing and halting bullying behaviours
- Understand possible approaches to restoring the environment after bullying has ended
Research shows that when people feel confident in the skills and abilities to deal with a problem, they are more likely to deal with the problem. When people learn about bullying and understand what they can do about it, they may become effective interveners.
This course may be eligible for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) if taken in combination with other courses (CAJG approved courses or combination of courses must be 21 hours in length).
Coffee/tea and snacks will be provided. Lunch will not be provided, but there is a fridge and microwave for student use. A Safeway and food court is located downstairs on the main level of the mall. There is a Subway and Tim Hortons nearby.
Location: ADRIA Classroom, #225 Tower 1, 3697 Mill Woods Road NW (inside Millbourne Mall), Edmonton
Cost: $350 until April 5th (Early Bird Rate)
$395 After April 5th (Regular Rate)
* This course is not designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in Mediation. For more information on ADRIA's Mediation training, please click here or contact email@example.com.