Workplace Fairness West
Sectors of Practice
Michelle Phaneuf is a Chartered mediator and trained Ombudsman who utilizes interest based tools to bring awareness and empathy to manage conflict situations in a non-confrontational manner. With over 20 years of past and varied experience as a Professional engineer, energy management consultant, business owner, facilitator and property owner/manager, she has been successful in resolving a wide range of conflicts.
Michelle works through the Workplace Fairness Institute, with Employee Assistance Providers (EAP’s) and the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to provide conflict management and conflict resolution services. She mediates small business disputes for the Alberta Justice Civil Claims court and the Better Business Bureau and is a Member of the Mediation Roster for the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). Her work with the Workplace Fairness Institute is allowing Michelle to bring the concepts of ‘Fairness’ to Alberta workplaces.
Michelle is currently a coach with the Mount Royal University and the ADR Institute of Alberta’s Conflict Resolution Programs and acts as a mentor with the APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists) Mentoring Program. She has also developed and presented workshops with the HRIA(Human Resources Institute of Alberta), Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion, the Canadian Mental Health Association, APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers, and Geoscientists of Alberta) and the Calgary Public Library Senior Staff.
Michelle has provided conflict resolution services for the federal government, provincial government, City of Calgary and other public corporations. She has also assisted the health industry, Condo Associations and Employee Assistance Providers across Canada with their conflict resolution needs.
• Trained Ombudsman working with organizations to provide Organizational Ombuds services through the Workplace Fairness Ombuds office.
• Currently providing conflict resolution services to engineering, technical and other firms in the form of facilitation, conflict coaching, conflict training and mediation.
• Present Conflict Resolution Skills Workshops to a variety of government and private organizations.
• Consulting has enabled me to work with many government organizations including the Federal government, Provincial government, City of Calgary, and also numerous private corporations.
• Coach with the Mount Royal University Conflict Resolution Program and the ADR Institute of Alberta Conflict Resolution Program
• Mentor for APEGA and Member of the Women in APEGA Committee
ADR Training & Qualifications
Justice Institute of BC – in conjunction with the U of C - Conflict Resolution - Specialization in Mediation and Negotiation – 2008
York University and Federation of Canadian Ombuds – Certificate Essentials for Ombuds - 2013
Other Professional Qualifications
P.Eng. - APEGA