Sectors of Practice
I have experience as a Mediator in Civil Claims with the Alberta Provincial Court since 2015. I also have a background in the Insurance and Real Estate industries which would be advantageous in Mediation.
I owned and operated my own Insurance Agency ABC Auto Insurance from October 1986 to December 1999. I also sat on the Insurance Bureau of Canada ICAN committee from January 1995 to December 1999 which was involved with legislation in the Insurance and Bank Acts as well as Insurance Industry issues. Each member represented the various stakeholder groups I represented the Broker members and each of us were assigned a Member of Parliament or a Member of the Legislative Assembly to act as a liaison and resource source with respect to the Insurance Industry and legislation of the Insurance and Bank Acts.
I was a Realtor with Royal Lepage Benchmark from April 2003 to September 2014 and have returned to Royal Lepage Benchmark from March 2017 and 2019.
ADR Training & Qualifications
• I graduated with a post-secondary diploma in Business Administration from Centennial College in Toronto.
• In 2010 I completed the Conflict Resolution Certificate in Mediation and Negotiation with Mount Royal University and I have passed both my assessments which are Conflict Resolution Mediation and Conflict Resolution Negotiation which was 220 hours.
• I have completed the Managing Conflict in Today's Workplace at Mount Royal University which was 45 hours.
• I completed in 2011 the Mount Royal University Adult Educator Seminar Series Certificate for Adult Education. I took the Introduction to Conflict Coaching Workshop by Dr. Nancy Love,
• I also took the workshop seminar for Transformative Mediation by Dr. Sandra Fenton. I have taken the CMCS Conflict Assisted Meeting course.
• I have been a Coach on the Coaches Roster at Mount Royal University in the Conflict Resolution Mediation and Negotiation Certificate Program since 2010.
• I am also a volunteer Mediator for the Community Mediation Calgary Society where mediations are referred by The Calgary Police Service and City By-Law Officers. I began as a Mediator Observer then as Co-Mediator and am now a Lead Mediator.
• I am a full member with the ADR Institute of Alberta (ADRIA) as well as the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC).
• Since July 2011 I have the recognized title and designation of Qualified Mediator (Q.MED.) by the ADR Institute of Canada.
• I have completed the ten mediations for my mentorship with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Mediation Program where I am a Mediator on the Court Roster doing mediations.
Other Professional Qualifications
I have taken and passed the York University Flight Dispatcher Certificate Program in 2000 and the SAIT Flight Dispatcher Ground School. I have taken several Aviation Certificate courses. I have also written and passed the Transport Canada Exams for Flight Dispatcher Operations and Flight Dispatcher Meteorology in the year 2000 and in 2008. I also have a number of Quality Control Courses taken in 2000 such as: Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA, Root Cause Analysis/8D Problem Solving, Production Parts Approval Process. PPAP, Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP, Change Management Framework, Six Sigma Quality Control Green belt (attended and sat in on a corporate course).