Philip H. Davies Professional Services
Sectors of Practice
Phil Davies is Chair and CEO of Philip H. Davies Prof. Corp. He is a corporate director, business person and corporate-commercial lawyer with over 40 years’ experience developing, constructing and operating major energy infrastructure, overseeing energy commodity marketing and advocating on behalf of energy related businesses in Canada and the US. He recently concluded a seven-year term as a Member of the National Energy Board of Canada where his primary responsibility was the adjudication of applications and disputes brought to the Board.
Before joining the NEB, he was:
• Vice-President Law, Land and Regulatory Affairs at SaskPower
• Vice-President and General Counsel of Encana Gas Storage (now Rockpoint Gas Storage);
• Associate General Counsel of Encana Midstream and Marketing;
• Vice-Chair of the Power Corporation Superannuation Fund;
• Chair of the Canadian Energy Law Foundation; and
• Chair of the Association of General Counsel of Alberta.
He studied Urban Planning at the University of Calgary and Law at the University of Alberta; and, in addition to being an active Member of the Law Society of Alberta, he is a graduate of the Executive Development Program at the Ivey School of Business, a certified Director who holds an ICD.D from the Institute of Corporate Directors of Canada, and a trained arbitrator who holds a Q.Arb. from the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Canada.
ADR Training & Qualifications
Other Professional Qualifications
Awarded ICD.D in 2010 by the Institute of Corporate Directors of Canada;
Graduate from the Executive Development Program at the Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario;
Awarded LL.B in 1978 by the University of Alberta, Faculty of Law; and
Active Member of the Law Society of Alberta.