Consensus Decision Making Online- November/December 2022
Cost:ADRIA Members: $2000 + GST, Non-Members: $2100 + GST
Course Description:Consensus Decision Making is a way of reaching agreement between all members of a group.
- -Forge agreement among diverse groups.
- -Solve complex issues with a range of concerns and interests.
- -Compel people to develop creative outcomes that are mutually acceptable to everyone.
- -Opportunity to integrate economic, social, community and environmental interests for truly sustainable outcomes.
- -Decisions are more likely to be implemented, tend to be longer lasting, more sustainable than other forms of decisions.
This course will be presented online. In order to participate in this format, students must be available during session times listed without distraction. In addition, students require a strong internet connection, a computer with a webcam, and a microphone.
Total Credit Hours:37
Instructors:Bill Diepeveen & Michael Scheidl
Prerequisites:None. However, it is strongly recommended that students complete Communications in ADR (or equivalent) before starting this part of the certificate program in order to fully benefit from the course.
Course Session Dates & Times:
- Session 1, Wednesday, November 9, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 2, Thursday, November 10, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 3, Wednesday, November 16, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 4, Thursday, November 17, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 5, Wednesday, November 23, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 6, Thursday, November 24, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 7, Wednesday, November 30, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- Session 8, Thursday, December 1, 8:30am-12:00 pm
- No Class- Paper due, Wednesday, December 7, by 2:00pm
- Session 9, Thursday, December 15, 8:30am-12:00 pm
You may register without paying upfront by choosing the invoice option at check out. Full payment is due 30 days before class starts unless the course is full. If the course is full, full payment is due immediately upon registration/notification otherwise you will forfeit your spot.Course cancellation, withdrawal, and completion policies.