Managing Conflict – Online, November 2021
In this course students will learn the importance of separating the person from the problem and skills that will help them discover previously unimagined possibilities for resolution.
Date & Time:
November 18, 2021 - November 20, 2021 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (MDT/GMT-6)
Early Bird Registration ( until October 18th): $525 + GST
Regular Registration: $595 + GST
We all have conflict in our lives. Whether you deal with other conflicts or have your own, becoming skilled in managing it can be a game-changer at home, at work, and at play. It may be tempting to say that the problem is “other people”, but we cannot change other people more than they want to be changed. Instead, students will learn ways to change what can be changed, the “negotiables”.
This course is designed to give you the basic skills you need to more effectively manage conflict, including:
- Learn to separate the person from the problem, by:
- understanding your role in conflict
- learning to frame conversations around resolvable and neutral terms
- recognizing the difference between your perceived best solution and a wise solution
- Gain a deeper understanding of your own and other’s needs and motivations, including how to uncover them, through:
- reflection, active listening, curiosity, and commitment to resolution
- Find common ground and work towards a resolution
- Practice skills that are essential to conflict resolution, including some of those used by mediators, principled negotiators, and peacebuilders.
This interactive and applied training is designed to get students applying key concepts and practicing conflict management skills from the start of the course, so students will leave the course feeling able to start applying their new skills.
Course Dates & Times:
November 18, 19 & 20
9:00 am – 12:00 pm daily
* This course is not designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in Mediation. For more information on ADRIA’s Mediation training, please click here first, or contact email@example.com.
Payment is due at the time of registration and may be made with a credit card online. If you wish to pay with a cheque or via e-transfer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
This course is available to the public and is also available as private training. Please email email@example.com to arrange private training.