National Introductory Mediation – Online, September/ October 2022
If you’re considering a career as a mediator or if you manage conflict in the workplace and wish to build conflict management and leadership skills, this course provides the foundation for good practice.
This course will be presented online. In order to participate in this format, students must be available during session times listed without distraction. In addition, students require a strong internet connection, a computer with a webcam, and a microphone.
In addition to the group sessions, students will have approximately 3-4 hours of reading and homework per week to prep for the group sessions and role-play.
Pre-course – once you have signed the confidentiality agreement, the materials will be sent to you, and you will also be given access to the course web page on adralberta.com.
Visit the National Introductory Mediation Course page for more information.
Total Credit Hours:40
Prerequisites:Communications in ADR
Course Session Dates & Times:Week 1:
- Session 1, Tuesday, September 13, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 2, Wednesday, September 14, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 3, Tuesday, September 20, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 4, Wednesday, September 21, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 5, Tuesday, September 27, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 6, Wednesday, September 28, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 7, Tuesday, October 4, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 8, Wednesday, October 5, 8:30am-12:30pm (longer class, role-plays)
- Session 9, Tuesday, October 11, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Session 10, Wednesday, October 12, 8:30am-12:30pm (longer class, role-plays)
- Session 11, Tuesday, October 18, 8:30am-12:00pm (evaluated role-plays)
- Session 12, Wednesday, October 19, 8:30am-11:30pm (evaluated role-plays)
Attendance for all classes is mandatory.
You may register without paying upfront by choosing the invoice option at check out. Full payment is due 30 days before class starts unless the course is full. If the course is full, full payment is due immediately upon registration/notification otherwise you will forfeit your spot. Course cancellation, withdrawal, and completion policies. This course is available to ADRIA and ADRIC provincial affiliate members only. Non-ADRIA affiliate members, please email email@example.com to register.
- Instructor: Mark Donovan
- Total Credit Hours: 40
- Prerequisites: <a href="https://www.adralberta.com/training/courses/cmns/>Communications in ADR</a>