Telus Respectful Workplace Consultant – People & Culture
Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Vancouver
Type of Position
Ready to resolve conflicts and champion interpersonal best practices?
Join our team
Are you ready to join a high performing, highly motivated Respectful Workplace team in a fast paced organization? If so, this is the team for you.
You would be joining our national team of respectful workplace consultants who are responsible for facilitating proactive and creative outcomes when interpersonal workplace concerns arise. The team offers support through training, informal advice or consultation, facilitation or mediation. We also conduct investigations into team member concerns relating to interpersonal behaviors or conflict, and offer recommendations to restore positive, professional and productive working environments. We work closely with our leaders and our People & Culture team to go beyond compliance and share tools and knowledge to promote psychological safety, diversity and inclusiveness, and team member well-being.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You’re a strategic thinker and you’re comfortable wearing many hats: part coach, part mediator, part investigator. You are ready to tackle challenging, varied and emotionally-charged situations. We take our legal obligation to keep our team members safe, both physically and psychologically seriously – but we want to do more than that. You will work closely with team members across all business units to surface and address workplace conflict to foster our healthy and respectful culture of caring.
You will collaborate with many stakeholders across the company to achieve your goals: with team members and leaders, and with various other People & Culture teams within TELUS. Your knowledge, expertise, impartiality and professional approach will be critical as you work to influence the culture across our business.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- You are an expert communicator, can quickly build rapport with others, and work collaboratively with partners and your team
- You are an effective mediator with the ability to find common ground to bring participants together to facilitate conflict resolution
- You are an impartial, detail-oriented, and thorough investigator with experience in independently conducting investigations into harassment or other workplace safety or human rights violations
- You are a confident presenter and have effective facilitation and presentation skills. Exceptional writing skills are a must.
- You can keep a level head in the midst of difficult and emotional interactions, maintaining composure and a values-based approach at all times
- You can appropriately influence your partners with respect to resolution-oriented recommendations and outcomes
- You are an innovator, always looking to develop and improve your approach, and that of the team, in line with legislative changes and industry best practices
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of alternative dispute resolution and investigations or relevant experience, including human rights or occupational safety interpretation and analysis, report writing, mediation and training
- You are comfortable with occasional travel (travel currently not required due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- You have post-secondary education and specialized training in alternate dispute resolution and/or conducting investigations
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
A bit about us
We’re a people-first, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly.
We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability—your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.