We are looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for helping our ongoing website development as well as training and implementation with staff.
This is a 20-35 hour per week position from July – October through Canada Summer Jobs; applicants must be eligible through the program and aged 15 to 30. The wage is $15/hour. This is a flexible position in terms of location of work, hours, and holiday time, especially as the candidate may be returning to school in the fall.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Assist in website designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with various staff members to resolve issues, prioritize needs, or choose solutions.
- Identifying problems uncovered by usability feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate staff for correction.
- Documenting procedures in a way that is clear for staff and future training.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
Web Developer Requirements:
- Solid knowledge and experience in web development and programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Experience in using WordPress.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently effectively.
- Able to solve complex problems.
How to Apply
Apply with a resume and cover letter by July 11 to email@example.com.